Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lately..

This semester is going by really fast. I've been so. so. so. busy. It's ridiculous.
I've had a midterm, a performance, a paper, or big assignments every week since the 2nd week of school (school started in september) and sometimes I´ve had a combination of all of them, for example.. this week I had 2 performances, 3 midterms and 1 paper... plus work.. plus classes.. plus practicing.. I don't know how I'm still alive. I can't complain though. I love my life!!!

I am really excited to go home in a month!! but then I think of everything I have to do before finals week.. Oh gosh. I wish I could stop the clock right now and sleep for 3 days in a row!

I made a commitment to go to the Temple more often and to serve others as much as I can.. and I discovered that when I help people, I don't feel stressed, and somehow I have enough time to do everything I have to, and it gives me a great feeling of satisfaction! This week I helped every single person who asked for my help, and it was fan.tas.tic!

My musical life is great!! haha I am the pianist for the symphonic band and Wind Symphony, and I will include some pictures of one of our concerts ;)
My friend Mariel and I recorded a cd with some pieces for violin and piano, and it was way fun. It is always fun to play with her. Her violin teacher, Dr. Morgan, says that we should think about being a professional duo... We have a recital tomorrow!.. I mean.. today. I´m so grateful for Mariel. She's awesome!

Last week, I got to talk in the State Conference of Music Teachers' National Association at Weber State University and It was very cool experience!

mm what else.??.

oh yeah. Igor Marques, is trying to edit my recording from the Viva Mexico concert so that it can be on BYU Radio! So I'm excited about that.

what else?.. mmm

Hammerklavier sonata super hard.
..

I can't wait to eat real mexican food!!!!! :D

Recording studio




Getting ready for Wind Symphony's Concert



Who's playing the piano!? :O



Wind Symphony in the De Jong Concert Hall.



I played the celesta too :)



I also had my debut as a percussionist!

No comments:

Post a Comment